For years Dawn has said there are few things in life more fulfilling for a woman than to have a husband who loves what he does for a living. I can’t speak from her perspective, but I can speak from my own. I love what I do for a living. It is my dream job. It may sound corny, but to quote Eric Liddell from Chariots of Fire, “I believe God made me for a purpose…And when I (work) I feel His pleasure.”
You have things you’re good at. You also have things you’re passionate about. The convergence of those two areas is your sweet spot. We find our greatest fulfillment in life in our sweet spot.
If at all possible, find a way to make a living in your sweet spot. If you do, chances are you may get tired in your work, but you will rarely tire of your work.
Make a list of all the things you’re good at. Afterwards, put the list away for a couple of days. Later, make a list of the things you’re passionate about. Then, compare the two lists. More than likely, there will be areas of overlap. Those areas are your sweet spot. It’s highly likely your sweet spot is the area of your life God wants to leverage for His Kingdom purposes.
- What are you good at?
- What are you passionate about?
- Have you seen a convergence of those two areas in your life? If so, what has been the result?
- Are you doing what you love? If not, why not?
- Do you love what you are doing? If not, why not?
- Can you see yourself doing what you’re presently doing five years from now? If not, what needs to change to prepare you for your future?